How Inspections Work
A home is a complex set of structural, mechanical and electrical systems. A Home Inspection is a complicated task and the end result is only as good as the inspector doing the site inspection and writing the report. An Exact Home Inspector will examine your home prospect from foundation to roof in a professional, through, conscientious manner with the focus on the best interests of you, our client.
Once the site inspection is complete we will prepare a concise, easy to understand report summarizing our findings. We will take the time to personally make sure that you understand the report and review with you our recommendations for any further action.
An Exact Pre-purchase Home Inspection is a non invasive, visual, detailed examination of the homes Structural, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) Systems. The following areas will be checked, during a typical home inspection, for condition, proper installation, abnormal wear and tear and material defects.
- The roof covering
- General Roof Structure
- Chimney and vents
- Siding, flashing and trim
- Doors, decks, stoops, steps, stairs, porches, railings,
eaves, soffits and fascias
- Vegetation, drainage, and retaining walls that
are likely to adversely affect the structure
- Foundation for general indications of foundation movement
- Crawl space
- Indications of water penetration
- Air Conditioning Units
- Heating Units
- General condition of duct work
- Water supply and pressure
- Drain, vent and waste piping
- Fuel and water shut off valves
- Sinks, tubs and showers
- Service drop
- Meter enclosure
- Determine the rating of the service amperage
- Service main disconnect
- Panel boards breakers and fuses
- Grounding and bonding
- Switches, receptacles and lighting fixtures
- Interior condition of roof
- Walls, including Chinese Drywall
- Stairs landings and rails
- Permanently attached appliances
- Automatic opener for proper operation
Further Inspection Information
An apartment or condominium inspection is similar except that exterior and common areas are not included.
None of our inspections include checks for mold, termites or rodents. Exact can arrange these specialized inspections for clients if desired.
Exact will inspect docks, seawalls, swimming pools, saunas or spas, and outbuildings. Since theses are not part of a standard inspection added fees will be quoted upon request.
A Radon Gas Test is recommended and can be performed at the time of the Pre-Purchase Inspection.
At completion of the visual portion of the inspection, the Client will be presented with a written report including checklists, photographs, a narrative description of observed defects and concerns and any recommendations for repairs or further action. Our professionals will review the report with you to insure that you have a clear understanding of the contents.
All services are performed for a fixed price, agreed in advance, and for your protection, documented by a written contract.
Inspection Process |
Save On Insurance |
About Us |
Professional Services |
Site Map |